Saturday, October 2, 2010

Lettuce Wraps

I love to experiment in the kitchen. I had a little bit of peanut butter stuck to the side of the jar. I was inspired. Let me just mention that I usually follow the Rachael Ray method of cooking. A pich of this, a tad of that, a swirl around the pan of something else. Sometimes I even do it while baking, NOT always smart! Try this out for yourself and add your own touch to it!

Ingredients:
Bib lettuce, leaves torn and washed
Carrots (shredded would be best)
One bunch of green onions, diced
Chinese noodles, cooked to package instructions
Grilled chicken breasts, diced (we used 2 for our small family of three)
One pretty-much-empty natural peanut butter jar
Low sodium soy sauce (I used about 3 TBS)
Agave (about 2 TBS)
1/2 can light coconut milk

Preparation:
Combine soy sauce, agave, and coconut milk in a sauce pan. Heat and add to empty peanut butter jar. Swirl all around and add the mixture back to the sauce pan. Bring to a simmer, add in chicken and cook about 5 minutes. Assemble the remaining ingredients as shown in the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment