Sunday, January 10, 2010

What I am reading


It takes me a while to finish books (I have quite a bit going on), so when I'm done I will post more about it.

I am really excited about this one. I got it for Christmas and just started. I think it raises a tricky question, "Should we really consume ALL things in moderation?" I believe for the most part yes, but what may be "moderation" for some may not mean the same to another.

If your diet consists of fresh (or frozen at times) fruits and vegetables, whole grains, lean protein, low fat dairy - you know real, whole foods. Then, yes you have more room for moderation and you probably think of indulgent foods as chocolate cake, real ice cream, frozen yogurt, cheddar cheese, potato chips, etc. But, if your diet consists more of pre-made snacks, frozen entrees, fast food, twinkies, and pudding cups...the word "moderation" could be disastrous.

Thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting...I might need to borrow some of these great books in the near future! Last night was fun...thanks for having us out:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Blog! I will have to send you some of my mother-in-law vegetable recipes. We eat veggies like cabbage, spinach, bok-choy, etc. everyday for dinner- and WE LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete