Sunday, February 13, 2011

Post Run


I am trying to get into running. I don't like it, but it is getting better. I love exercise classes. Well, I used to love it back in the day when I could go whenever I wanted. Now, it's just another thing I have to do. I know how important it is. I believe in it, and I know that sticking to it and pushing your body through uncomfortable circumstances is important. One of the most important aspects about exercise is fueling your body properly before and after.
After exercise our bodies have a short period of time {about 45 minutes} in which we can replenish what was lost. Therefore, we need something that is quickly absorbed {simple carbohydrates and lean protein}.
This beverage does just that...
{the healthy fat in peanut butter can slow down the digestion of the other components, but in this case my run was under an hour and it tastes pretty good too.}

1/2 cup plain yogurt
1 TBSP unsweetened cocoa powder
1 packet purvia (stevia)
1 banana
1 tsp natural peanut butter
ice
Blend and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. yummy! I'll make this for darren next time he comes in from running.

    ReplyDelete