Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Capital D-Lish


Frozen Yogurt. I can't get enough in the Summer. Some versions are more healthy than others. Some versions are more expensive than others. I am a HUGE Red Mango fan, but it can be a little pricey. I found this recipe at eatingwell.com
Instead of sugar I used Organic Blue Agave* because its the cool thing to use. Plus, I thought the sugar might make the frozen yogurt more grainy. It was tart n' tangy. We loved it! Try it out!!

*Agave Nectar is a natural sweetener that is 25 times sweeter than sugar. So, typically you use less. Some research shows that it is low glycemic, meaning that it is slowly absorbed and doesn't spike insulin levels like regular sugar. It still contains 15 calories just like sugar so don't think you can eat all you want.
It's a great substitute for simple syrups to sweeten beverages like homemade lemonade or on waffles for breakfast. You could even add it to plain yogurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment